Friday, November 13, 2015

Novella Review: Marrying Mr. English by Katy Regnery (Part 1)

Marrying Mr. English by Katy Regnery
(The English Brothers #7)
Part 1: out on November 17, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance

*Part 1* is part of the "12 Christmas Romances to Melt Your Heart" anthology
*Get your copy here*

*Part 2* comes out December 18, 2015.
*Pre-order here*

You’ve all met the children and Eleanora and Tom English…but how exactly did down-on-her luck waitress, Eleanora Watters, meet trust fund hottie, Tom English?

You won’t want to miss this Christmas novel in two parts (each a complete novella – the first is a “Happily for now” ending and the second is a “Happily ever after” ending) that tells the story of how Eleanora met Tom, while he was visiting Vail in the 1980s.

The first novella, Marrying Mr. English, Part 1, will be included in the 12 Christmas Stories to Melt Your Heart anthology, which will feature twelve brand-new books and the proceeds of which will benefit The Autism Society of America.

My review is just for Part One of 'Marrying Mr. English.' But let me tell you, I can't wait to get my hands on Part Two. Seriously, Tom and Eleanora are fabulous. If you've read any of the English Brothers series, or just simply read the title to this novella, you know Tom and Eleanora marry. So we go into this story with a blatant spoiler. But despite knowing the outcome, I was still fully engaged in the story, the conflict, and the circumstances. Just because I know the ending, doesn't mean I know the middle. And I loved reading the sweet, sweet story of Tom and Ellie's beginnings. The down-on-her-luck waitress and the trust fund cutie give us quite the show, but in true Regnery fashion, the love bug strikes, and strikes hard. And I loved seeing them work through their personal journey to get where they got in the end (but there's still more to come, so I'm anxious to see what new road blocks come their way before their HEA).

I also loved the setting of the story, 1981, with the hair styles and fashion choices. Very fun. Plus, getting a glimpse into how their sons' names came about. Super fun. Beyond that, simply seeing Tom and Ellie's personalities gave me insight into where their children's personalities came from, and I loved that. So this was a special bonus to Regnery fans. But anyone new to this series should get an idea how great the rest of the series is. With parents like Tom and Eleanora, it's no wonder I love the English brothers. Can't wait for Part 2!!


About The English Brothers series:

*All books in The English Brothers series are approximately 200 pages. The RWA classifies this as "Mid-length Contemporary Romance."

THE ENGLISH BROTHERS

Breaking Up with Barrett, The English Brothers, Book #1
My Review --  Amazon  -- Goodreads

Falling for Fitz, The English Brothers, Book #2
My Review -- Amazon -- Goodreads

Anyone but Alex, The English Brothers, Book #3
My Review  --  Amazon  --  Goodreads

Seduced by Stratton, The English Brothers, Book #4
My Review -- Amazon --  Goodreads

Wild about Weston, The English Brothers, Book #5
My Review -- Amazon --  Goodreads 

Kiss Me Kate, The English Brothers, Book #6
My Review ~ Amazon  ~  Goodreads 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.