Friday, October 31, 2014

Review: Seduced By Stratton by Katy Regnery

Seduced by Stratton (The English Brothers, #4)
Seduced by Stratton by Katy Regnery
The English Brothers #4
November 4, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Contains: sex and strong language
Source: eARC for Honest review


Stratton English, the hottest, youngest, most devastatingly handsome CFO in Philadelphia, has a problem: women make him nervous. Really nervous. Catastrophically nervous. Socially awkward to an extreme, he’s apt to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, and it’s rarely something a woman wants to hear. Quietly in love with his neighbor, Amy, he has no idea how to make his move, but he is committed to figuring out a way to seduce her.

Valeria Campanile, who Stratton knows through one of his four brothers, is a PhD candidate who moonlights as a dance instructor on the side. Ironically, even though Val studies Courtship Rituals, she can’t seem to find herself courted. Pursued by boys from the “old neighborhood” who promise to overlook the fact that she’s so smart, she longs to meet someone who romances her mind as well as her heart.

When Stratton helps Valeria with a financial problem, she is anxious to return the favor. But will Stratton, who needs Val’s expertise to win Amy, find himself seducing Val instead? 

"Seduced by Stratton" is the fourth of six books about the Philadelphia-based, wildly-handsome English brothers who are all on the look-out for love. *All books in The English Brothers series are approximately 200 pages. The RWA classifies this as "Mid-length Contemporary Romance."


One of the things I loved about Katy Regnery's writing is the way she writes characters that, even if I can't personally relate to them, the way they think, the way they speak, the way they come across instantly pulls me into their psyche and their life. In every story, whether its a playboy or a virgin, a starlet or an ugly ducking, confident or shy, damaged or optimistic - I have been able to walk in all their steps. Stratton's story is no different.

I was so excited to finally get to Stratton's story. There is such a prevalence of reads about 'players' out there, and while they can be entertaining, my personal preferences lie within the funny and the smart, the nerdy and the awkward. Basically, I like a guy who's a little different. Stratton fit my expectations to a 'T'. I loved learning about him in all his socially awkward glory. Did he frustrate me at times? Definitely. But that is part of what is so endearing about him. But have no worries - he's still a sexy, manly, genuine English brother through and through.

Valeria is a true trooper. I loved her combination of vulnerability and determination. She is intelligent and talented, beautiful and sexy, and yet despite all these qualities, she has yet to find someone to really appreciate who she is. Watching the relationship between her and Stratton develop had all the elements of anxiety and hope, excitement and cringe-worthy moments, and the beautiful realization of love. I really admired how Valeria handled it all. It was such a fascinating and unique situation (which I won't spoil), and I was impressed by how it all came together.

Stratton and Valeria are such a lovely couple. Despite my anxiety, or maybe because of it, I loved their story. This entire series holds such heart-warming romance, and I love that we continue to get snippets about the other couples as well. Katy has become one of my go-to authors when I need that romantic fix. And Stratton may have just stolen the place as my #1 English brother.

 
 
GOODREADS  --  AMAZON
 
Don't forget the other books in the series!
Breaking Up With Barrett (#1)

Falling For Fitz (#2)
 
Anyone But Alex (#3)
My Review  --  Amazon  --  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.