Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesday (49): Silence by Deborah Lytton

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just share two "teaser" sentences from your current read (please, no spoilers).

Silence
by Deborah Lytton
Expected Publication date: March 3, 2015

*I'm really enjoying this beautifully written YA contemporary. Sweet, thoughtful, unique characters with a heartfelt story.

Silence
Teaser from 31%:
I know only one thing. He is the white feather of hope drifting through the darkness of my days. And if I can hold on, I just might be able to fly.

(*Quote comes from my eARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final.)

Love is blind, but it's also deaf. Stella was born to sing. Someday Broadway. Even though she's only a sophomore at a new high school, her voice has given her the status as a "cool kid." But everything changes when a tragic accident renders her deaf. She can't hear herself sing not to mention speak. She can't hear anything. Silence. What happens when everything you've dreamed of and hoped for is shattered in a single moment?

Enter Hayden, the boy with blond curls who stutters. He's treated like an outcast because he's not "normal." And, yet, Stella feels an attraction to him that she can't explain. As Hayden reaches out to help Stella discover a world without sound, his own tragic past warns him to keep a distance. But their connection is undeniable. Can the boy who stutters and the girl who's deaf ever find a happily-ever-after? Silence is a story of friendship and hope with a lesson that sometimes it takes a tragedy to help us find and appreciate beauty and love in unexpected places.

AMAZON  --  GOODREADS

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I can see how the writing is beautiful, you can most definitely feel the emotions through this teaser! Thanks for sharing; here's mine :)

    Hidden Agenda, Southern Crimes #3 | Lisa Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teaser is so sad and hopeful at the same time. I keep thinking about what she's going through.

    Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/genre-crime/teaser-tuesday-1-the-keeper-of-lost-causes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tease! Hope you're enjoying this one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating premise! Although I rarely read YA, this sounds like a good story that I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost poetic. Kind of sad and yet, kind of hopeful.

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesdays-94-awol/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.