Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: My Kind of Forever by Heidi McLaughlin

My Kind of Forever by Heidi McLaughlin
(The Beaumont Series #5)
September 8, 2015
263 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Contains: sex, profanity
Source: eARC for Honest review

Liam Page knows music and a life of solitude, but that all changed when he returned to Beaumont.

The once notorious bad boy lead singer of 4225 West is now living the domesticated life with his wife and high school sweetheart, Josie, and their son, Noah.

Life is good for the Westbury family, until Liam is called back to Los Angeles and the place where it all started for him.

Liam and Josie’s story continues in this last installment of The Beaumont Series.

Reading 'My Kind of Forever' is like being reunited with old friends. This is not a standalone. If you haven't read at least 'Forever My Girl', you will be a little lost. The rest of the romances from this series also play varying roles in this book. So really, this was my chance to catch up with Liam and Josie, as well as the rest of my favorite Beaumont family.

In brief, Liam and Josie have been married for a couple years now, very much in love, but also hitting a bit of a crossroads. The thing is, Liam is a musician, lead singer of 4225 West, yet has been living a quiet family life in Beaumont while plugging away with Harrison and JD in their studio. While this has been great for their families, the time away from LA and the limelight has been affecting their popularity and position on the charts, which will also affect their finances. But the call back to Los Angeles, during a sensitive time in their lives, dredges up the past, which dredges up doubts, insecurities, and tests communication big time.

I loved that we got to see this window of time into Liam and Josie's marriage. So often books end with a happy-ever-after, when really the relationship is just starting. Any marriage is going to have its issues. Then add in Liam and Josie's rocky past, and the potential there is exacerbated. So I really respected the journey they took to solidify their relationship through all the tests they faced.

Liam and Josie had their fair share of drama and angst to deal with. This was a great opportunity to make or break them. Communication! It's amazing how much good or bad communication can affect a relationship. And these two may have tested my patience. But their issues were also very legitimate and I could totally sympathize with them (even while I wanted to shake them). But they also needed to go through all they've gone through to truly find peace in who they are as a couple and where their future lies.

I fell in love with Liam, Josie, and Noah a little bit more in this story. Okay, a lot more. Liam and Josie have a special place in my fictional couple heart. I felt the love coming off the pages. I also felt the insecurities, but the overwhelming sensation was to do anything it took to give them their "forever," and I loved that. And I loved seeing them as their own small family, as well as the big family. Seeing all the couples, all the kids, and some special additions, brought a smile to my face and heart. I loved how everything came together in the end. I'm missing these characters already, and am so glad this book was added to this wonderful series.


THE BEAUMONT SERIES:

FOREVER MY GIRL (#1)
    
MY EVERYTHING (#1.5)
   
MY UNEXPECTED FOREVER (#2)
   
FINDING MY FOREVER (#3)
MY REVIEW  *  AMAZON
  
FINDING MY WAY (#4)
  
12 DAYS OF FOREVER (#4.5)
  
MY KIND OF FOREVER (#5)
MY REVIEW  *  AMAZON
  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review!
    There are parts that you wrote - that make me very happy - paragraphs 3 & 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that! Having been married for quite some time myself, I really loved how you explored their marriage. I miss Liam & Josie & family already ;)

      Delete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.