Saturday, January 4, 2014

Book Review: Finding My Forever


Finding My Forever (The Beaumont Series, #3)
Finding My Forever by Heidi McLaughlin
(The Beaumont Series #3)
December 30, 2013
278 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
(contains: sex, strong language)
Source: Personal purchase
Book Blurb:
Everywhere I look, my friends are settling down - marriage, children, white picket fences; but not me. Marriage isn't in the cards for me. I’m a ladies man.

A rock star.

I was born and raised in the industry.

I love everything about my life, especially the attention from the women that my status brings me.
Women find me. I don’t chase. I know what they want and they know I’ll deliver.

But after one look, one touch, one night...
Now I’m the one doing the chasing.

I need to find a way to show her that I’m serious, that I can change.
I need to find a way to show her that I can love her fully, and only her.
I need to find a way to show her that she’s my forever.
My Review:

I'm a huge fan of this series. Not only is Heidi McLaughlin a wonderful writer, but with The Beaumont Series, she has created what I would call a "community" or "family" feel. I am a sucker for a book or series involving a community of characters who we can follow in depth, seeing each individual as an important and relevant person in the others' lives. The couple involved in the main romance is not isolated, but appear as you would see people in real life, surrounded by friends and family, with a great support system. And beyond that we are able to follow characters from previous novels into subsequent books, continuing that family feeling. Every book in this series brings the reader into the open arms of this "family" and Finding My Forever is no exception. While FMF can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading the series in order.

I will avoid spoilers, so I apologize for my vagueness, but a reader should really enjoy these twists and turns on their own. Jimmy's story is full of assumptions, surprises, life-changing decisions, vulnerability, doubts, sweetness, and hope. It had a little bit of everything, and I loved it. I confess, Jimmy made me pretty nervous in the beginning. It's not that I didn't trust him (well, I didn't completely trust him), it's just that I thought he would do something stupid and have a lot of making up to do. Once I got beyond that trepidation, the other plot points of the story kicked in, and then I feared for his HEA. But with my fears of what the outcome would be, I was swooning with watching how Jimmy grew throughout the book. His backstory was very sad, his reaction to it not ideal, but his redemption was touching. Then the beautiful things he would say - So sweet! But then he would say something so funny or so sexy, and you knew he was still Jimmy. And his British charm and slang were awesome!

Our other important character is Jenna. We finally get her full backstory and hurt alongside her. Along with dealing with her past, she has a very prevalent situation she's dealing with presently. I admired Jenna's realistic views but hurt for her fears and trust issues. I loved that she had a community of friends and family who would not let her down, even when she wanted to hide from it all. The support she was given showed the strength of these characters I have come to love. But Jenna grew throughout the story as well, and I admired her strength and vulnerability. She was a great match to Jimmy.

Speaking of all the characters, we get cameos or full involvement from all the MCs from the previous books. Seriously loved that! One quote from Jimmy was that Liam was "developing a mob mentality," and it cracked me up because it was so true. You could feel the love each character had for the others pouring off the pages. There were several touching scenes, and the ones where the boys let all their vulnerability out were very moving. I love this group and they were beautifully written.

Bottomline: I love this series and I'm so glad I loved Finding My Forever. It's a touching story of finding love unexpectedly, learning to trust again, embracing second chances, and not letting your past ruin your future. It's also a beautiful continuation of a family of characters that I've come to love. I look forward to more books in this series, and anything else Heidi McLaughlin wants to write.
 
5 STARS
 
 
FIND MY FOREVER LINKS:


THE BEAUMONT SERIES ORDER AND LINKS:
http://amzn.to/14jacXi  http://amzn.to/1587Wor
http://amzn.to/1a8aSQh Finding My Forever (The Beaumont Series, #3)
FOREVER MY GIRL (#1)
 
MY EVERYTHING (#1.5)
 
MY UNEXPECTED FOREVER (#2)
 
FIND MY FOREVER (#3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.