Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012



If you are unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to complete a 50,000 page novel by the end of November. Challenging to do? Yes. I attempted this last year and did not get very far, as my grandmother's cancer progressed quickly and she passed away. Let's just say writing was not a priority. But this year, everyone appears healthy and we have no major vacations planned, so I am going to attempt it again. I realize everyone participates (or does not participate) for various reasons. I am going to participate because, honestly, I need the accountability. Even if it's just me logging in how many words I wrote, that is motivation enough. I work, I homeschool my three kids, and I have all the church, sports, home, and family functions and demands everyone else has. But I've also been dreaming and imagining several books over the last year and simply need to get them on paper. I don't expect a publishable draft by the end of the month, but a first draft would simpy be wonderful. So wish me luck, and let the writing begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.