Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Review: Revolution

Revolution (Collide, #4)
Revolution by Shelly Crane
September 6, 2012
330 pages
Source: Personal Purchase
 
Goodreads Summary:
In the fourth and final installment, everything is on the line. Merrick's life is in the balance and Lily is their only hope. Ellie and her new powers are miraculous, but also problematic; if she's with the bunker family, they won't be able to sense when the Lighters are there. There are many new members to the bunker and sparks will fly, and with the food shortage, they will all have plenty to deal with. Miguel is intrigued with Rylee, her past and her spunk. Ryan and Elli are barely scratching the surface of their relationship. Cain and Lillian will have to deal with Daniel, who has no qualms about showing his true feelings for her. And Sherry and Merrick…what will happen to this happenstance family who have worked so hard to come together? Can they all survive? Can they all withstand the new enemy that is right outside their door? Can they beat the Lighters, once and for all…
My Review:

This is the fourth and last book of Shelly Crane's Collide series. I will avoid spoilers as much as I can. But I will say that if you haven't read this series, you should. The first book, Collide, has a few rough edges with the editing, but the story itself is great. And each book gets better and better. Shelly does a great job creating realistic and likeable characters and her take on the whole world being taken over by other species is unique. Collide is free on Amazon (kindle) right now, so grab it fast if you haven't read it yet.

Throughout this series, I fell in love with the characters and their seemingly endless struggles. I laughed, cried, mourned, and rejoiced with them. But Shelly did such a great job pulling it all together, tying up loose ends, mixing the bitter with the sweet, but ultimately leaving you hopeful and refreshed in the end. And can I say how happy chapter 3 made me! It set the stage for the rest of the book for me, and didn't disappoint. Sherry and Merrick were wonderful as always, as were all my other favorites. I love how the characters became each other's family. I'm sad the series is over, but loved every moment of it. Thank you Shelly Crane!

5 STARS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.