Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Perfekt Order by ST Bende

Perfekt Order (The Ære Saga Book 1)
Perfekt Order by S.T. Bende
(The AERE Saga #1)
December 8, 2015
Genre: New Adult Fantasy
Contains: sexual references
Source: eARC for Honest review

All's fair when you're in love with War.

For seventeen-year-old Mia Ahlström, a world ruled by order is the only world she allows. A lifetime of chore charts, to-do lists and study schedules have helped earn her a spot at Redwood State University’s engineering program. And while her five year plan includes finding her very own happily-evah-aftah, years at an all-girls boarding school left her feeling woefully unprepared for keg parties and co-ed extracurricular activities.

So nothing surprises her more than catching the eye of Tyr Fredriksen at her first college party. The imposing Swede is arrogantly charming, stubbornly overprotective, and runs hot-and-cold in ways that defy reason . . . until Mia learns that she’s fallen for the Norse God of War; an immortal battle deity hiding on Midgard (Earth) to protect a valuable Asgardian treasure from a feral enemy. With a price on his head, Tyr brings more than a little excitement to Mia’s rigidly controlled life. Choosing Tyr may be the biggest distraction—or the greatest adventure—she’s ever had.


I loved the Elsker Saga, so I was really looking forward to this new series by ST Bende, still set in Norse mythology, but with a new set of people and gods. And I'm happy to say I was not disappointed. I loved Tyr and Mia's story!

Mia's arrival at her new college was no gentle transition. Right off the bat, she is thrust into some crazy action, proof positive that this was going to be a fun and exciting read. And it was. Journeying with Mia as she tries to figure out what's going on around her was great, particularly because Mia was such an orderly, schedule-obsessed, black-and-white person. Mythology coming to life wasn't even on her radar. So watching how different things were revealed to her really kept the story interesting and exciting. There were great twists and turns - I mean, really great twists and turns. This storyline kept me intrigued and guessing. I felt just as invested in the outcome of this story as Mia and Tyr; just as attached to this fantastic group of Norse gods and their futures. Even through the last few chapters I was kept on my toes, and I loved it.

With all this excitement, of course there was romance. How could there not be romance when a fantastic girl like Mia meets a hunk like Tyr? Even though Tyr was not the most forthcoming guy in the beginning, I could totally feel the chemistry between these two. But I actually liked that Tyr was hard to read in the beginning because I liked the more gradual approach to their relationship. I loved how they got to know each other and how much they ended up having in common. They were a great match. The only thing I didn't love (and actually made me hold back half a star in my rating), was Mia's age. I know it's not a big deal, but I would have personally felt better if she was 18. It may not make much of a difference with the "deity-age-gap" but that's just me. Otherwise, I loved them, loved the friendship they had, loved the strength they brought out of each other, loved the trust they built into each other, and loved the love they felt.

Plus, there are some other truly fabulous characters. With Henrik and Brynn, you can't go wrong. These two are the cutest, and I cannot wait to read more about them. Heather and Charlotte are great roommates, bring normalcy to the gods and Mia's life. And then there are some other gods we meet, that I won't reveal, but I really loved, and cannot wait for more from them as well. The casting was fantastic, and made this story that much better. I loved 'Perfekt Order' and cannot wait for the rest of this series.


Don't forget The ELSKER Saga:
TUR #0.5
ELSKER #1
ENDRE #2



About ST Bende: Before finding domestic bliss in suburbia, ST Bende lived in Manhattan Beach (became overly fond of Peet’s Coffee) and Europe… where she became overly fond of the musical Cats. Her love of Scandinavian culture and a very patient Norwegian teacher inspired the ELSKER series. She hopes her characters make you smile and that one day pastries will be considered a health food.



Website -  Blog  Facebook - GoodReads
ST Bende on Twitter - Ull Myhr on Twitter - Tyr Fredriksen on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.