Monday, September 29, 2014

Double Review: Tall, Tatted and Tempting & Smart, Sexy and Secretive

Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers, #1)
Tall, Tatted and Tempting by Tammy Falkner
(The Reed Brothers #1)
June 17, 2013
185 pages
Genre: New Adult Romance 18+
(Contains: Sex, sexual situations, mature language)
Source: Personal purchase

 
She’s locked up tight. But he might be the key.

Logan Reed is tall, tatted and tempting. Kit’s a woman with a mean right hook and a secret.

Kit wants a tattoo, but Logan sees more than she intends to share in the drawing of the tat she wants. He sees her in ways no one ever has.

Logan’s not disabled; but he hasn’t spoken in eight years. He hasn’t needed to. Until he meets Kit.

Logan doesn’t know everything about Kit. Kit doesn’t know anything about herself, until she has to sacrifice all she ever wanted to save what’s most important to him.


 
This is one of those books that hooks you right from the start. Logan and Kit pulled me right in. I had to get to know these people, what made them tick, what their stories were, and what was going to happen to all that chemistry. Who was Logan beneath his beautiful, silent exterior? What secrets was Kit holding onto so closely, and would she let Logan in? And watching their connection develop throughout the story, watching them open up, was completely engaging. I could feel their hearts coming off the page, but didn't know how it would turn out for them. There's just enough angst and drama to make the story interesting and intriguing without overdoing it, and I really appreciated that. Because I could love their love story and root for them without too much distraction. Though, to be fair, there is a second book to their story, so there is more to come. But even with that, I was okay with the ending of this book, knowing there would be more to come to complete their story. And don't forget Logan's brothers!! Hence the series title "The Reed Brothers." Because these brothers are awesome. I already love them all, and cannot wait to get all their stories. Bottom-line, this was a great start to this series for me.

 
Book Links:
Amazon -- Goodreads
*currently FREE on Amazon*


Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers, #2)
Smart, Sexy and Secretive by Tammy Falkner
(The Reed Brothers #2)
August 23, 2013
143 pages
Genre: New Adult Romance 18+
(Contains: Sex, sexual situations, mature language)
Source: Personal purchase
 
 
Emily

I'm back in New York, ready to start my brand new life with Logan. Things are still up in the air between us, and it has been three months since I've even talked to him. But there's one thing I'm certain of -- I can't live without him.

Logan

I need her like I need air. But now she's back, and her dad and her ex-boyfriend are conspiring to keep us apart. We can do this, though. Can't we? We can make this work? We have to, because I can't imagine my life without her.


 
I was so excited to get back to Logan and Emily and continue their story. Even though things were left a little up-in-the-air at the end of book 1, I had complete faith that things would work out. I was just happy to see what direction they would take to get their much deserved happy ending. Once again we have some drama to deal with. Nothing says messing with your love life than a disgruntled father and a pesky ex. Add in a little brother drama to mix things up. Then there's the fact that Emily and Logan have no façades or barriers between them. Emily is no longer hiding. They can finally be completely real and honest with each other. And they must learn whether or not their very different worlds can merge together. I really enjoyed the way their relationship developed further and stayed true to the love that we felt before. They handled everything that was thrown their way beautifully. This is a very special couple, and I loved how they were written and where their story bloomed. I definitely recommend this duet of Logan and Emily's story. And I'm looking forward to reading about more of the Reed brothers in the rest of the series.  
 
 
 Book Links:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.