Friday, April 14, 2017

Audiobook Review: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
November 6, 1939
Genre: Mystery, Suspense

First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion.

Wonderful! It was such a pleasure finally reading this classic. Or rather, listening to. I listened to the audiobook with my sons (age range 10-16), and we all enjoyed it. It really is a fine read for a variety of ages. It was great discussing our theories on who the killer was, what would hapen to everyone, and what the ultimate ending would be. Christie did a wonderful job keeping our interest and suspense. We couldn't help comparing it to more modern mysteries (including the game of Clue) and how inspirational her writing must have been for later mystery writers. There's a reason she's the Queen of Mystery. And the audiobook narrator was terrific. I'm looking forward to checking out more of her books!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this novel!! I think it would fun to listen to the audio version of this novel. I bet it would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was the narrator, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking my daughter, who often prefers audiobooks, might like this one. I don't think she's read it, though she has read some of Christie's other books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan Stevens. Thanks for asking. I should have mentioned it in my review.

      Delete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.