Thursday, December 1, 2016

Review: Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis

Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis
(Cedar #3)
March 29, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Contains: language, sex

SOMETIMES YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN…  

After an overseas mission goes wrong, Army Special Forces officer Jacob Kincaid knows where he must go to make things right: back home to the tiny town of Cedar Ridge, Colorado. All he needs to scrub away his painful past is fresh mountain air, a lakeside cabin, and quiet solitude. But what he discovers is a gorgeous woman living on a boat at his dock.

Sophie Marren has nowhere else to go. She’s broke, intermittently seasick, and fighting a serious attraction to the brooding, dishy, I’m-too-sexy-for-myself guy who’s now claiming her dock. Something about Jacob’s dark intensity makes her want to tease—and tempt—him beyond measure. Neither one wants to give any ground . . . until they realize the only true home they have is with each other.

I was so glad to get Jacob's, Hudson's twin's, story. While we get Hudson's love story in the previous book, My Kind of Wonderful, you don't need to have read it prior to this one. But if you want to go back to Hudson's book, it's a great read.

Jacob's path was not an easy one, and the trigger that finally brought him home was heartbreaking. It's too bad it took him so long to take that step, but the reward of reconciling with his family is obviously worth it. And the bonus is that not only does he get his family back, he also meets a girl.

Sophie was a spitfire and I liked her spunk and bite. It's too bad she made poor decisions during her divorce. It's hard to feel sorry for a girl who made a sad situation into a bad situation. But, without all that, she wouldn't have met Jacob. And their meet-up was adorable. Nothing like seasickness to bring out the romantic sparks. I loved getting to know Jacob and Sophie, and seeing their chemistry and connection build. They had a great dynamic and turned out to be a wonderfully matched couple.

I love the family dynamic in this series. But considering how long Jacob was away from his siblings, I would have liked some more interactions and some deeper interactions between them. The ones in the book were great, but considering the length of time, I especially wanted more between Jacob and Hudson to be fleshed out. These were two boys I wanted to spend more time with and see more of their healing.

Overall, I really enjoyed this read. It was light enough to relax me, but deep enough to hit my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.