Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Review: My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis
(Cedar Ridge #2)
December 22, 2015
368 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Contains: sex, language

UNEXPECTED AND UNDENIABLE...

Bailey Moore has an agenda: skiing in the Rockies, exploring castles in Europe, ballroom dancing in Argentina. Now that she has a second lease on life, she's determined not to miss a thing. What she doesn't realize is that item #1 comes with a six-foot-one ski god hot enough to melt a polar ice cap. She doesn't want to miss out on him either, but Hudson Kincaid isn't the type of guy to love and let go. And as gorgeous as Cedar Ridge is, she's not planning to stick around.

As head of ski patrol at his family's resort, Hud thinks he's seen it all. But never has he run into someone like Bailey. She might look delicate, but her attitude is all firecracker. And her infectious joy touches something deep within him that he's been missing far too long. Now he'll just have to convince Bailey to take a chance on her biggest adventure yet . . . something rare and all kinds of wonderful.

I enjoyed this one so much. Growing up as a skier, having been a volunteer ski patroller for a couple years, and having my dad as a volunteer ski patroller for 30+ years, I loved getting on the slopes with Hudson Kincaid. The whole Kincaid family, with their crazy resort, pulled me right in. And I did not read the previous book. This was my first in this series, but it easily reads as a standalone.

So we have Bailey, this sweet girl who has received a new lease on life, and is ready to live. She's been stifled for so long, that now that she has some room to breathe, she's got a list a mile long to fulfill. But life hasn't discouraged her - instead she is bright, beautiful, effervescent, and ready to live. Then we have Hudson, who is such the responsible son that he is buried in responsibility with no room leftover to actually live. Though he's one who fears romantic love, with his walls built up, he has incredibly deep love for his family. But with one glance at Bailey, who's breathing in life, Hudson doesn't stand a chance as his world gets totally rocked.

I loved getting to know Bailey and Hudson. They had incredible chemistry as well as a lovely mutual understanding of one another. Seeing them both take a chance on life and love was incredibly engaging and pulled me right in, and I was enchanted by them. I also loved the family dynamic with the siblings, and even Hudson's crazy mom. I loved my time at Cedar Ridge, and I look forward to returning for other sibling's stories (especially Hudson's twin, Jacob!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.