Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (21): I Almost Put Them Down

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
 
Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't
 
East of Eden The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) The Book Thief
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
I actually did put this down for several months, then picked it up again and ended up loving it! Just needed to be in the right mindset.
 
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
It was a rough start for me, but my love for Julie's other books kept me hoping it would get better. And it did!

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This is a beautiful book, but it was just a bit long for me. I listened to it on audio, which helped me hang in there until the end.

Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend Quartet, #3) Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) Meant to be Mine (A Porter Family Novel, #2)
Three Broken Promises by Monica Murphy
The first two books of the series I loved. But with this one, I made myself get through it, with lots of skimming. I'm still looking forward to the last book.
 
Dare You To by Katie McGarry
This was a case where my personal connections just couldn't let me love the main heroine, and I was tempted to give up. But I love McGarry's writing, so I hung in there.
 
Meant To Be Mine by Becky Wade
I loved the first book, so I stuck with this second book out of loyalty, even though I wanted to toss it several times. The ending made up for some of the stress.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have one that is the same as one of yours, Book Thief. Crazy!

    Here's my list of Books I Almost Put Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really would love to read The Book Thief, it sounds super good/emotional as well. Def. watching the movie soon.

    Nina from J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.