Friday, November 11, 2016

Review: Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancée by Julia Kent

Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancée
By Julia Kent
(Shopping for a Billionaire #6)
February 26, 2015
266 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Contains: explicit sex, language

All of our best dates end up in the emergency room....

I planned the perfect proposal. Plenty of lobster, caviar, champagne and--her favorite--tiramisu. The perfect setting. The perfect woman. The perfect everything.

Dad gave me my late mother's engagement ring, platinum and diamonds galore. Shannon wouldn't care if I slid a giant hard-candy ring on her finger instead of a three-carat diamond designed to impress. But my future mother-in-law, Marie, will pass out when she sets eyes on that rock, which will give us two minutes of blessed silence. That woman talks more than Kim Kardashian flashes her naked backside on the internet.

I was going to make it perfect, from the color of the tablecloth to the freshness of the roses. And it was perfect.

Until Shannon swallowed the ring.

* * *

Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancée gives near-billionaire Declan McCormick the chance to tell his story in this continuation of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Shopping for a Billionaire series.

So we finally get Declan's perspective, and it's a lot of fun. Declan fell for "Toilet Girl" big time in the first five books, and now he's ready to make it official. But nothing is ever simple and straight-forward for these two. Absolutely nothing. They really should have an ambulance trailing them at all times.

Now, this one started a little slow. Declan had so much sex-on-the-brain I thought it was going to leak out of his ears.  But then the story bloomed and flowed. I loved getting to know Declan - get more of his history, see more of his struggles, and even recognize his shortcomings. At one point I was teary-eyed. I didn't expect that level of depth in the story, and it was lovely. At other times I was laughing out loud. Ok, I was laughing a lot. More than the tears. But I loved that this story had it all.

I continue to love Shannon and Declan. They are so fun as a couple, yet also incredibly thoughtful and sweet. Considering the family weirdness they have to overcome and the fact that they come from completely different worlds, to the point where at times they don't even understand each other, they join two worlds and lives together beautifully. Looking forward to reading more about them in this fun series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.