Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: Falling for Fitz by Katy Regnery

Falling for Fitz (The English Brothers, #2)
Falling for Fitz by Katy Regnery
(The English Brothers #2)
July 29, 2014
Genre: Short Contemporary Romance 18+
(Contains: sex)
Source: eARC for Honest review

Book Synopsis:
"Falling for Fitz" is the second of five books about the Philadelphia-based, wildly-handsome English brothers who are absolutely not on the look-out for love.

(Except Barrett, who fell in love when he was eight-years-old. And Fitz, who met the girl of his dreams at nineteen. And maybe even Weston, who just doesn't know it yet.)

Fitz English and Daisy Edwards fell in love during one magical summer when they were teenagers. When something tragic happens at the end of the summer, Daisy tells Fitz she never wants to see him again. Despite his feelings for her, he respects her wishes and for almost a decade Fitz and Daisy go their separate ways.

Almost ten years later, when Daisy moves home to Philadelphia, they meet again, and both are shocked to discover that the feelings they had that summer are just as deep and real today. There's a little snag, however. It seems that Daisy is engaged to someone else, and she's come home to get married.

Can Fitz get Daisy to fall for him all over again before it's too late? Only if Daisy can learn to trust the man who shattered her heart once upon a time.
My Review:

What can I say? I love Katy Regnery's writing. I love her books. I've yet to read a bad one, and Falling for Fitz is no exception. Katy is actually on my list of authors I will read without reading the synopsis. I enjoy the thrill of reading a book without any clue of what to expect, and I trust Katy, so I jumped into Fitz's story blind.

I'll admit I was cringing during the prologue. I felt the impending dun dun dun... doom coming. I was scared where things were going. But once again, as the story progressed, I sighed with relief because I knew this would once again be a great story. Fitz and Daisy are terrific characters. I loved getting to know them. I loved their chemistry, their honesty, their humor, their sweetness, their heartbreak, their healing, and the potential of their future. I loved the little twists. Plus, we get more glimpses of Barrett and Emily, as well as the rest of the extended family, so the story felt full and complete.

The English Brothers is a great series for the romance reader. The stories are just the right length to get the complete picture, fall in love with the couple, enjoy the side characters, and not have to trudge through endless superfluous yada-yada. I love that these brothers are all so different. (I have three sons, and they are all drastically different as well, so I can relate.) I've loved Barrett and Fitz, and look forward to Stratton and Weston. I'm the most nervous about Alex's story. But you know I'll be reading them all!

4-1/2 STARS
 
BOOK LINKS:
Book 1: Breaking Up With Barrett
Breaking Up with Barrett  (The English Brothers, #1)
 
Book 2: Falling For Fitz
Falling for Fitz (The English Brothers, #2)
 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the plot of The Notebook... which isn't necessarily a bad thing(: I think I'd like this series, thank you for sharing!
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I didn't read The Notebook, though I did see the movie. FFF is definitely a second chance romance, but from what I can remember about TN, that's where the similarities end. But it's a great romance.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.