Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Post: Weekly Wrap-Up (5.17)

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news, recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, share upcoming news, etc. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

My Week in a Nutshell:
I did not get as much reading in this week, because life has been chock full of busyness. Baseball playoffs for two of my boys. Injured leg for the other boy. Yearbook planning. Dentist. Working. You know, life. And, of course, trying to keep the kids focused on school as we are all ready for it to be over. But it's not really over, because I'm in the middle of planning next year's curriculum and classes. (Have I mentioned I homeschool my kids?) But I still managed to squeeze some fun reading in, and bought some new books that I've added to my ever-growing TBR pile. Can you relate to having an overflowing TBR pile?


What I Read Last Week:
  
The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion 
(DNF'd at 30%. Didn't like it as much as the first book. Didn't like the direction it was going in. Skimmed the end instead and decided that was enough for me. But I still recommend the first book, The Rosie Project.)
The Consequence of Revenge by Rachel Van Dyken (loved!)
Greed by Fisher Amelie

My Posted Reviews Last Week:
 
 
Bidding on Brooks by Katy Regnery (my 4.25 star review)
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (my 4.25 star review)
All Played Out by Cora Carmack (my 4.5 star review)
Under the Spotlight by Angie Stanton (my 3 star review)
   

What I Started Reading:

The Shadow Revolution by Clay & Susan Griffith

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry one of your boys got injured, I hope it's not too bad ? The Rosie project and All played out interest me very, very much ^^ With everything that you're doing, it's a wonder you still have time to read and blog, bravo ! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree re The Rosie Effect and a lot of people here did as well when it came out. It's a shame as I loved The Rosie Project so much. It was almost as if it was written by someone else completely!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about The Rosie Effect. Hate it when I start skimming a book! have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard not so great things on the ROSIE EFFECT but a friend really liked it. I didn't find the first too funny, but that could because I have known too many people who are somewhere in the Aspergers/Autism spectrum.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.