Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (14): Fire and Ash


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I'm in the middle of reading the third book of the Benny Imura series by Jonathan Maberry, and I am loving it. I am trying to savor it until the fourth and final book, Fire and Ash, comes out. If you haven't read this series yet, I highly recommend it. I love Maberry's take on zombies and the depth of these wonderful books. The first book is Rot and Ruin and I loved it.

FIRE AND ASH
(Book 4 of the Benny Imura series)
By Jonathan Maberry
Publication Date: September 3, 2013

Fire and Ash (Benny Imura, #4)
 
Book Blurb (Don't read if you haven't read the previous books):
Benny Imura and his friends have made it to Sanctuary, they've found the jet and they've discovered that civilization is struggling to regain its foothold in the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Scientists are on the verge of finding a cure for the zombie plague. It should be time for celebration, but it's not. Benny's best friend, Chong, has been infected by an arrow dipped in the flesh of a zombie and he hovers between life and death and Dr McReady, a researcher who may have the critical formula for a cure, has gone missing. So Benny convinces Captain Ledger to mount a search and rescue mission to find the doctor and help Chong. But with the Reapers still pursuing their plan to turn all zombies into super-fast shock troops even if they can save Chong, can they save themselves? In the fourth book of the thrilling and emotionally charged Rot & Ruin series, the battle to end all battles is about to begin...


4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the others in this series, but the covers are pretty intriguing. I hope you enjoy this one when you get it!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those covers are really unique, they definitely catch your eye in a store! I haven't read the first yet but they do sound interesting.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's new to me! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks pretty awesome.

    Here is my WoW. http://hbbookhotties.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesdays-2-dexters-final.html


    Yay! New Follower

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.