Monday, July 29, 2013

Book Review: LICK by Kylie Scott


Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
LICK by Kylie Scott
(Stage Dive #1)
July 1, 2013
Momentum publishing
286 pages
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
(contains sexual situations, mature language, drugs/alcohol)
Source: NetGalley for honest review
Book Blurb:
Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favorite son is sure to be a wild ride.

My Review:

I really loved this book. The story starts with a bang - waking up in Vegas, hung over, married to a guy you not only don't remember marrying, but you don't even know his name. Yeah, talk about awkward. Then we are fully engulfed in the crazy, unique situation that is Evelyn and David's relationship. Honestly, I really enjoyed just about every bit of this book. The pacing kept me fully engaged, and not knowing quite which way things were going to go with the dynamic duo kept me guessing and hoping. I loved their story and when I finished it I just wanted more.

I absolutely loved Evelyn. She was a real girl with real curves and a real personality. There was something so special about her, that I could completely see how a guy would fall for her. The fact that she was not a cookie-cutter-model just made her that much better. From the start I could tell there was more to David Ferris than meets the eye, and I really enjoyed the journey getting to know him, even when that journey was rough. David completely won me over. He's so much more than just a good-looking rockstar. Plus, we get David's bandmates, who were a total mixed bag, but between them and Evelyn's best friend, and even her brother, we get an added depth and fullness to the story. And since this appears to be the first book in a series, I can only hope that the next books will feature David's bandmates individually. I really hope.

The sex scenes were so completely honest and I found that to be so refreshing. Evelyn is very inexperienced, and I loved being in her head, debating the feelings of each new experience. Again, Evelyn is real, so it made all her experiences be portrayed as real, and I loved it. But even with the awkward bits, the scenes between Evelyn and David were full of hot chemistry. I also loved that they were married (I'm traditional like that). And I loved Evelyn and David to pieces.

Bottomline: I completely loved LICK, with it's great characters, real sex, and enchanting storyline. This appears to be the first of a series, and if that's the case I will happily pick up the next one when it comes out.

5 STARS

Book Links:
AMAZON   *   GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.