Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (16): Neanderthal Seeks Human


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Neanderthal Seeks Human
by Penny Reid
Published March 13, 2013

Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance (Knitting in the City, #1)

This book was a hit for me from the very first page. Funny, quirky, and romantic are just a few descriptions. My teaser is from the first chapter, and you can see why I immediately loved the heroine and her quirkiness.

Teaser:
 
I could see it now: the building security team called in to extract me from the fifty-second floor ladies' room, decimated toilet paper cardboard flesh all around me, my panties still around my ankles as I point accusingly at my coworkers and scream, "Next time replace the roll! Replace the roll!"
 
(kindle loc 111)
 
 
Book Blurb:
There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.

 
Book Links:
 
 

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun read. I like the title too!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sounds fun. Thanks for sharing :)
    here's our TT- http://thereaddicts.blogspot.in/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-46.html

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cover! And it really does sound cute :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.