Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Review: Complete Me by J. Kenner


Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3)
Complete Me by J. Kenner
(Book #3 of Stark Trilogy)
July 30, 2013
Bantam Publishing
320 pages
Genre: Adult Erotic Romance
(for Mature audience only)
Source: NetGalley for honest review
Book Blurb:
This sexy, emotionally charged romance continues the story of Damien Stark, the powerful multimillionaire who’s never had to take “no” for an answer, and Nikki Fairchild, the Southern belle who only says “yes” on her own terms.

Our desire runs deep. But our secrets cut close. Beautiful, strong, and commanding, Damien Stark fills a void in me that no other man can touch. His fierce cravings push me beyond the brink of bliss—and unleash a wild passion that utterly consumes us both.

Yet beneath his need for dominance, he carries the wounds of a painful past. Haunted by a legacy of dark secrets and broken trust, he seeks release in our shared ecstasy, the  heat between us burning stronger each day.

Our attraction is undeniable, our obsession inevitable. Yet not even Damien can run from his ghosts, or shield us from the dangers yet to come.
My Review:

My Review of book 1: Release Me (here)
My Review of book 2: Claim Me (here)

I definitely enjoyed the conclusion to this trilogy. (Actually, I liked all the books.) I am happy to say that Complete Me really brought together all the components of these books that I've enjoyed and mostly completed Damien and Nikki's story for me. The story picks up right before Damien's trial, and we are immediately returned to the dynamics of Damien and Nikki's relationship. Nikki has completely opened up, but now we must wait and see if Damien will finally become the open book we've been hoping for and reveal all his secrets (and if Nikki can handle it).

For me, the story felt a bit like a scavenger hunt, trying to put together the bits and pieces of the mess we were left with before as well as any new revelations revealed in the rest of our story. I felt like I was right there with Nikki figuring things out, putting it all together. And there's a lot going on - Damien's trial, Nikki's stalker, Jamie and Ollie's messes, Damien's secrets, and other mysteries. There is also lots of sex - creative sex, steamy sex, and the ever heated connection between Damien and Nikki. At some point I actually felt like there was too much sex in the first half of the book, because it seemed like we went from one heated moment to the next, while the overall story slowed down. I guess I just really wanted to see where the rest of the story was going. But with that said, the sex scenes are well done, so you won't be disappointed there; and if you're waiting for the plot to continue, be patient and enjoy the moment, because the story will continue... just after another romp or two (or three).

I also liked reading where Damien and Nikki's relationship was going. J. Kenner made them and their kindred spirit connection even more believable than in the other books. I did feel that Nikki's internal dramatics were a bit repetitive at times, but on the other hand I truly felt her wrestling her demons and learning her place alongside Damien, while at the same time trying to get him to finally, completely open up to her. Honestly, some of what they (especially Damien) deal with is completely heartbreaking, and I admire how it was handled. Theirs is not an easy relationship, but watching them come together and find their place together is a wild ride, full of angst and love, heartbreak and healing, and I couldn't help but root for them.

Overall, I felt like J. Kenner pulled this trilogy together really well, and created a great couple in Damien and Nikki. I'm already planning on rereading this trilogy. I also liked where she ended things. It left me in a satisfied place, though an epilogue would have been a bonus that I would have really enjoyed. I also have questions about some of the other characters and wonder if the author will write some books about them (hint hint). But overall this was an emotional and passionate conclusion to Damien and Nikki's very heartfelt trilogy.

4 STARS

Book Links:
AMAZON   *   GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.