Monday, March 3, 2014

(Adult) Novella Review: The Passion of Darius by Raine Miller


The Passion of Darius (Blackstone Affair Historical Prequel)
The Passion of Darius by Raine Miller
(aka, His Perfect Passion)
A Blackstone Affair Historical Prequel
February 25, 2014
125 pages
Genre: Historical Romance, Erotica 18+
(contains: explicit sex scenes, some strong language)
Source: Personal purchase
Book Blurb:
~A Blackstone Affair, Historical Prequel~ If you’ve read my contemporary series, you know all about Ethan Blackstone and his American girl, Brynne. The Passion of Darius is a part of their story.

Somerset, 1837
‘Ti amo, mia cara’
The fine art of persuasion.
Darius Rourke and his burning passion for a woman. The gentle Marianne…as beautiful as she is mysterious.

When presented with an opportunity to make her his bride, Darius takes it, and knows Marianne will finally belong only to him. Or will she?
Marianne carries a secret. Something she believes will prevent her from ever being worthy to be loved by any man—even the masterful Darius, despite the fact he captivates her utterly. 
 
A look… A caress… A kiss… A brooding sensuality. A lushly passionate tale of lovers entangled in the discovery of each other’s sins and secrets. As Darius and Marianne embark upon a journey together, they will find that learning to command is just as important as learning to surrender.

A man who knows what he wants...
A woman who needs him in order to know her worth…
‘Ti amo, mia cara’

This is an erotic romance, intended for readers 18 years and older. Aspects of BDSM. 36,000 words.
My Review:

This was one of those reads that made me instantly fall in love with not only the main characters, but their beautiful love story. The way she blended the time period with Darius and Marianne's love story truly won me over. I've read the first three books of the Blackstone Affair series and enjoyed them, but I can honestly say that The Passion of Darius is my favorite read of Raine Miller's so far. But you don't need to have read any of Miller's other books to enjoy this one. It stands on its own.

Darius's passion for Marianne can be felt through the pages, and he had me swooning from the start. I could feel what he felt for Marianne, and I loved and respected how he handled his desire for her and how he treated her. Marianne was a bit of a mystery, but I loved how her character and her desires were revealed. The chemistry between them was both subtle and off the charts. Their love scenes were so steamy and sensual. I found their relationship and its development quite beautiful. Theirs was not only a physical connection, but truly a connection between kindred spirits with utmost respect.

The entire story had me enchanted from the charming start to the sizzling middle to the sweet conclusion. I only wish I could read more about Darius and Marianne. If you're looking for a quick, steamy, and beautiful love story, look no further.

5 STARS
 
BOOK LINKS:

THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR SERIES:
Naked (#1): My Review / Goodreads / Amazon
All In (#2): My Review / Goodreads / Amazon
Eyes Wide Open (#3): My Review / Goodreads / Amazon
Cherry Girl (#3.5): Goodreads / Amazon
Rare and Precious Things (#4): Goodreads / Amazon
The Passion of Darius (prequel): My Review / Goodreads / Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.