Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: Playing With Fire by Cynthia Eden

Playing With Fire (Phoenix Fire, #3)
Playing With Fire by Cynthia Eden
(Phoenix Fire #3)
August 26, 2014
Brava publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance 18+
(Contains: strong language, sex, violence)
Source: eARC for Honest review

Synopsis:
Cassie Armstrong has plenty to atone for. The daughter of the most immoral researcher ever to pick up a scalpel, she's determined to use her own brilliance in genetics to repair the damage her family has done to the paranormals. Especially Dante, the first of the phoenixes, the one they call the Immortal. He's been haunting her dreams since she was a little girl, and she's been trying to ease his pain for almost as long. If only he remembered any of it. . .

Dante doesn't know what Cassie's story is. He almost doesn't care. The minute he sees her, all he can think is mine. But there's more to the pretty little doctor than meets the eye. And Dante isn't the only one to notice. He can't trust her, but he can't stay away--and if he wants to learn her secrets, he's going to have to fight like hell to keep them both alive. . .

My Review:
 

Loved it! Playing With Fire is a fantastic paranormal romance read that sucked me in and kept me going until the very end. I think this can be read as a standalone despite being the third in the series. I haven't read the first two books yet and felt like whatever information I needed from the previous books was given to me in just the right amounts to completely enjoy and be engaged in this one. But I definitely want to read the first two now. The concept of a shape-shifting phoenix is completely fascinating!

This storyline was action-packed, full of intensity. We've got people chasing Dante and Cassie, trying to either capture them or destroy them. We've got the damage control Cassie desperately wants to complete. And of course we have a very complicated relationship between Dante and Cassie. Throw in lots of other crazy paranormal people and situations, and this book took me on a wild ride.

As for Dante and Cassie, I really liked them. Actually, I loved them. They are damaged and difficult, but also determined and dynamic. Their relationship was fascinating, and I loved the twists and turns Eden threw in there. Add in the fact that Dante and Cassie have some seriously intense chemistry going on, with a heat beyond just his phoenix fire. This couple is hot!

Simply stated, I loved this book. It had it all - action, intensity, romance, trepidation, heat, and a fantastic ending. I love Cynthia Eden's writing, and look forward to more books from her.  

4-1/2 STARS
 
Series Links:
Burn For Me (Phoenix Fire, #1)
Burn for Me #1
 
Once Bitten, Twice Burned (Phoenix Fire, #2)
Once Bitten, Twice Burned #2
 
Playing With Fire (Phoenix Fire, #3)
Playing With Fire #3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.