Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7): Top Ten of 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
 

Yet again, another difficult list to put together considering I read (or reread) nearly 200 books this year. I had more books on my top list, but managed to narrow it down to my top ten...I mean twelve. These are in order of when I read them this year, not necessarily preference.
 
Top Ten (or Twelve) Books I Read In 2012

1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
A beautifully written and illustrated story

   
2. Shatter Me/Unravel Me/Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
Her writing completely entraces me
 
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Worth all the praise and then some

A Monster Calls   Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)   The Fault in Our Stars

4. Significance series by Shelly Crane
I absolutely adore this series and all things Shelly Crane
 
5. Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan
Amazing, moving series...cannot wait for book #3
 
6. Slammed/Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
Love, love, love

Significance (Significance, #1)   Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)   Slammed (Slammed, #1)

7. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Melina is a genius in all her books
 
8. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Seriously so good
 
9. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Another incredible series...I need the next one NOW

On the Jellicoe Road   Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)   The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)

10. Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Can't have a list without JLA on it
 
11. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
One of my surprise favorites of the year
 
12. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Favorite of Maggie's so far

Deity (Covenant, #3)   Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)   The Scorpio Races

7 comments:

  1. I looooooved The Evolution of Mara Dyer! Maybe even more than the first. I'm going to have to reread the two books next year before the third comes out. I love them so much!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Evolution of Mara Dyer yet, but I read the first book this year and it was amazing!
    I really want to read Shatter Me and The Scorpio Races!
    Great List :)
    My TTT
    Samantha @ The Secret Life of a a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evolution made my list as well! Such an awesome series. I definitely need book 3 now too.

    My Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The writing in Shatter Me is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to get my hands on Unravel Me! I also loved The Fault In Our Stars but ALL the other ones are on my TBR pile. Great list :)

    Judith @ Paper Riot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fault in Stars is on my list also and i'm not even a YA fan, I think that will past the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, you are so right, you can't have a favorite books list without a JLA book.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list of books and I couldn't agree more on the Fabulousness of them. I do still need to read a couple of these but I LOVE Scopio Races. I think I love it even more after I've had some time to digest it. Haha! Unravel Me is at the TOP of my list and it doesn't even release until 2013! Argh! I need to reread it now! Glad you had some amazing books this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.