Thursday, October 18, 2012

Book Review: A Very Important Guest (novella)

A Very Important Guest - A Novella
A Very Important Guest by Mary Whitney
September 26, 2012
Kindle Edition
43 pages
Source: borrowed via Amazon Prime


Goodreads Summary: 
Abby Flaherty has a lousy job, but it’s the perfect one for her. Housekeeping in a luxury Waikiki hotel is a refuge from her troubles. Once a carefree and spirited island girl, Abby has had to deal with responsibilities and grim circumstances beyond her years. But when a V.I.P. guest discovers there’s more to Abby than her uniform and cleaning cart, the glow of romance begins to brighten her life in ways she’s not sure she can trust—or live without.

Set against a backdrop of pristine beaches and starlit skies, this intriguing short story delivers political banter, poignant realism, and delicious romance, all sparked by the visit of A Very Important Guest.

My Review:

This was a  very sweet read and just what I needed. It's a novella, so it's short in length. Yet, somehow, the author was able to deliver a depth to each of the characters. Plus, they're in Hawaii, so you can imagine the beauty of where they meet. They fall for each other quickly, yet it feels completely possible (or maybe I'm just a romantic at heart). Will and Abby are compelling, yet not over the top. I loved their banter and that they engage each other in a meaningful way. I really hope the ending wasn't a tease and that we will see more of them in the future. If you are looking for a quick, sweet read, this is one for you.

4 1/2 STARS

*Personal note: This book has some adult content and situations, though not graphic. I'm married and feel comfortable reading this. If I weren't married, I wouldn't, but that's just my personal feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.