Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Teaser Tuesday (53): I Am The Traitor

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.

I Am The Traitor
by Allen Zadoff
(The Unknown Assassin #3)
Expected Publication date: June 9, 2015

**I have really enjoyed this exciting, intense trilogy, following a young assassin and the mystery of his life. I loved this final book!**

Teaser from 15%:

I glance over at Howard, and he's frozen in place, his finger pointing behind me.

I turn to find another Program soldier emerging from the woods, drawn by Tanya's scream. He stands between us and potential escape, a heavy black pistol aimed at my chest.

(*Quote comes from my eARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final.)

In the third and final installment in the Unknown Assassin trilogy, Boy Nobody is on the run from The Program and uncovers a secret about his past that forces him to decide where his loyalties lie.

The Program has sent Boy Nobody on countless missions, instructed to kill whichever target he was given. But now, after going rogue, he is on his own mission to rescue his friend Howard who was captured by The Program. Boy Nobody manages to free Howard as well as Tanya, a mysterious girl who was being held with him. Howard and Tanya help Boy Nobody collect information about his father, eventually revealing a dangerous secret that teaches Boy Nobody a valuable lesson -- he can't trust anyone.

Allen Zadoff packs the third book of the Unknown Assassin series with even more action, higher stakes, and mind-blowing reveals that will leave readers riveted.

The Unknown Assassin Series:

I AM THE WEAPON (BOOK 1)
My Review  *  Amazon  *  Goodreads

I AM THE MISSION (BOOK 2)

I AM THE TRAITOR (BOOK 3)

6 comments:

  1. OOh that's scary! Hope s/he makes it out okay!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good series. Would it be appropriate for upper middle graders - 13 and 14 year olds? My YA teaser this week comes from Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, Good question. I am pretty conservative in how I recommend YA books to actual young adults. This series contains violence (he's been trained as an assassin after all) and killing/death. There is some language. There is some sexual references, including a couple fade-to-black sex scenes (not overly detailed or explicit). So I lean toward a high school audience, but that's just me. Does that help? What do you look for in an upper middle grade book?

      Delete
  3. This does sound intense! I haven't heard of this series, but it does look like it would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. He needs to escape!

    Mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/teaser-tuesday-the-disappeared/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh. I like these kind of reads and this is a new author and series. Thanks for sharing them:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/02/teaser-tuesdays-117-dont-try-to-find-me-2/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.