Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Novella Review: Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves

Uncharted (On the Island, #1.5)
Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves
(On The Island #1.5)
July 2, 2013
160 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Tracey Garvis Graves - and Anna and T.J. - return in this companion novella to the New York Times bestseller On the Island.

When twenty-three-year-old dot-com millionaire Owen Sparks walked away from his charmed life, he had one goal in mind: get as far away as possible from the people who resented his success, or had their hand out for a piece of it. A remote uncharted island halfway around the world seemed like a perfectly logical place to get away from it all.

Calia Reed wasn't part of Owen's plans. The beautiful British girl - on holiday in the Maldives with her brother, James - made Owen wonder if getting away from it all might be a lot more enjoyable with a carefree girl who didn't know anything about the life he left behind.

But Owen had no idea how much his carefully detailed plans would go awry. Nor did he realize that a decision he made would have such a catastrophic effect on two passengers who boarded a plane in Chicago.

And when Owen shows up at Anna and T.J.'s door with an incredible story to tell, everyone involved will learn just how much their lives are intertwined.

I'm so glad I finally read this novella. I loved 'On The Island' when it first came out. I was captivated and moved by TJ and Anna's story and fell in love with them. This novella should be read after 'On The Island,' so if you haven't read it yet, you should. It's that good. But there was a little mystery left over regarding who previously resided on the island and whose bones those were. Well, this little story answers all those questions and then some.

Owen's story is captivating in an entirely different manner than TJ and Anna's. Though their circumstances are significantly different, my interest in Owen's tale did not wane. If anything, when it seemed things were going too well, my gut told me things were gonna go down. And they did. This author sure can weave a story and pull your heart along with it. I was completely tied into this story and the different layers that were revealed.  

Through Owen's tale, I was able to learn so much about him, his life, his heart, and his strength to face the past and push for his future and his love. Additionally, I got to see TJ and Anna again and their adorable family. I forgot how very much I liked them. I also loved that we get some chapters from their perspective. That was the cherry on top. I'm so glad this story brought closure to many areas and perspective in others. And the final chapters and epilogue were exactly what I needed.

 
 Have you read ON THE ISLAND yet?
On the Island (On the Island, #1)
Amazon ~ Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.