Friday, February 20, 2015

(Adult) Review: Songs of Submission series by CD Reiss

Songs of Submission series by CD Reiss
Genre: Adult Erotic Romance (18+) 

This is an erotic serial series that explores a dominant man and a submissive woman. Yep, BDSM. But really, it is a lot deeper than that. From the beginning I was drawn into CD Reiss' writing style. There is something hypnotic about it that pulled me right in. She uses her gift to then take you on a journey of these two characters, Jonathan and Monica, and their erotic yet also tender love story. The contradictions of love and lust, pain and pleasure, dominance and submission, are all explored. But the plot, the journey, the big picture and the small details, are so much more than that.

I confess that I read this series last year, after 'Sing' was already out, because 'Beg' was free (and it still is). I. Was. Hooked! I blew through these books, completely addicted to Jonathan and Monica's wild story. The attention to detail, the foresight, and the consideration of these characters really appealed to me. I later met CD at an author event, and when she described how she plots her books (because she is/has also developed stories for some of Jonathan's sisters), I was blown away. It's funny to think about so much care being used in a storyline about dominance (and yes, there are a plethora of bruises to go along with that).

If you are on the fence about this series, because admittedly it is not for everyone, the first book 'Beg' is free, so you can check it out risk free. But I will warn you that if you like it even a little bit, you may very well be hooked into the series. Just be forewarned that there is an array of sexual behaviors between Jonathan and Monica explored, and CD does not mince words or leave much for the imagination. Yes, she goes there. But I will also say that I don't read a lot of erotica. It really is just a once in a while for me. But if I'm going to read a captivating love story with dark edges and rough underlining, then I'm happy to choose this series.

My ratings on the individual books range from 4 to 5 stars.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/299630181431516303/

Synopsis from Book One, BEG:

Jonathan Drazen is a known womanizer and a gorgeous piece of 
man I'm not letting into my heart. Ever. 

Yeah, he's rich, beautiful, charming as hell, and he has a wit as sharp as a double-edged razor... but he's made it perfectly clear that this is a short-term fuck. Three nights, tops, then we part like sexually satisfied grown-ups. 

I believe him when he says he can't love me. I'm not trying to fall in love, either. 

We get in. Get it on. Get the hell out. Done. 

Right? 

Right.

Reading Order:
Beg #1
Tease #2
Submit #3
Jessica & Sharon #3.5
Control #4
Burn #5
Rachel #5.5
Resist #6
Sing #7
Monica #7.5

Coming soon in March, however, is the release of CODA which will be the big epilogue that we've been waiting and hoping for. I cannot wait!
 
 
Find the series on Goodreads
Read BEG for FREE on Amazon

Get all 8 books for 99 cents on iBooks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.