Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Book Review: The Marriage Merger


The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4)
The Marriage Merger by Jennifer Probst
(Marriage to a Billionaire #4)
July 30, 2013
Gallery Books
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
(contains mature sexual scenes)
Source: NetGalley for honest review
Book Blurb:
Her sisters have found wedded bliss with their wealthy, wonderful dream men, but not Julietta Conte. She’s stayed on terra firma as top executive of the family’s corporation, La Dolce Famiglia bakery. Work is her passion, and her trendy Milan apartment her sanctuary . . . until Sawyer Wells, a masculine masterpiece in a suit, lures her out of hiding with an irresistible offer: an exclusive partnership with his international chain of boutique hotels.

Julietta’s been burned before—and trusting her brother-in-law’s friend, whose powerful gaze alone has her rethinking the best use of a conference room, is the riskiest proposition. But with a once-in-a-career chance to take the bakery global, will she mix stone-cold business with red-hot seduction?
My Review:

This is the fourth and final book in the Marriage to a Billionaire series, but it isn't necessary to have read any of the previous books to enjoy or follow along with this one. These books can be read individually or in series order. I haven't read the first two yet, just the third one, but still felt like I knew enough about what happened in the previous storylines to be able to follow along...and enjoy.

This novel follows Sawyer and Julietta. I have to admit, the initial couple of scenes between them made me a little uncomfortable, like I was watching the beginning of a sexual harassment suit. But once I got past that and we get more into their relationship, I really enjoyed the connection between the two of them and the way Probst drove their story. I also genuinely liked them both. I'm all about character development, and I felt like Probst did a great job pulling me into both Sawyer and Julietta's lives individually (Sawyer's past is particularly touching), as well as if and how they were able to get past each other's barriers together and make it as a couple. It was also nice to read about career-driven adults in their 30s, who had great sexual chemistry along with their emotional connection.

For me, the addition of Wolfe really stepped the book up for me and gave it that extra something special. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much without him. He may have been only a secondary character, but his story and his connection with Sawyer, and later with Julietta, really added a special element to the story for me. He gave them more depth and made this more than just a romance novel, and I love that he was included.

Bottomline: I really enjoyed reading about Sawyer and Julietta. There was a great flow to the story and plot progress. Probst has a nice way of describing scenes and surroundings, making me feel like I'm there, but not overdoing it. The main characters were likable and well developed. The secondary characters added a special depth to the story that really worked for me. (I gave an extra 1/2 star to my review for Wolfe alone.) This was a great end to the series.

4 1/2 STARS

Book Links:
AMAZON   *   GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.