Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (42): I Am The Mission

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just share two "teaser" sentences from your current read (please, no spoilers).
 
I Am The Mission
The Unknown Assassin #2
By Allan Zadoff
June 17, 2014
 
This is a fantastic series. I like the second book even more than the first!
 
I Am the Mission (The Unknown Assassin, #2) 
Teaser from 15% of eARC:
 
"Maybe I am," I say. "I'm not sure what happiness is."
 
"I'll give you a hint," he says. "If you have to think about it that long, it's not happiness."
 
(*Quote comes from my eARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final.)
 
 
Book Synopsis:
He was the perfect assassin. No name. No past. No remorse. Perfect, that is, until he began to ask questions and challenge his orders. Now The Program is worried that their valuable soldier has become a liability.

And so Boy Nobody is given a new mission. A test of sorts. A chance to prove his loyalty.

His objective: Take out Eugene Moore, the owner of an extremist military training camp for teenagers. It sounds like a simple task, but a previous operative couldn't do it. He lost the mission and is presumed dead. Now Boy Nobody is confident he can finish the job. Quickly.

But when things go awry, Boy Nobody finds himself lost in a mission where nothing is as it seems: not The Program, his allegiances, nor the truth.

The riveting second book in Allen Zadoff's Boy Nobody series delivers heart-pounding action and a shocking new twist that makes Boy Nobody question everything he has believed.
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18655937-nash?ac=1
 
 
Book 1:
I Am The Weapon
I Am the Weapon
Book Links:
My Review  *   Goodreads  *  Amazon
 

6 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking tease there!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series! Thanks for the teaser! Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of the series is enough to intrigue me, and your Teaser just made me more curious. Sounds like a good story.
    My Teaser is from NOT THE MARRYING KIND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very good point!
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/teaser-tuesday-june-24/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you to know you liked the second book. I enjoyed the first and have the second to read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.