Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: With This Heart by R.S. Grey

With This Heart by R.S. Grey
April 6, 2014
318 pages
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Contains: sex, language

If someone had told me a year ago that I was about to fall in love, go on an epic road trip, ride a Triceratops, sing on a bar, and lose my virginity, I would have assumed they were on drugs.

Well, that is, until I met Beckham.

Beck was mostly to blame for my recklessness. Gorgeous, clever, undeniably charming Beck barreled into my life as if it were his mission to make sure I never took living for granted. He showed me that there were no boundaries, rules were for the spineless, and a kiss was supposed to happen when I least expected.

Beck was the plot twist that took me by surprise. Two months before I met him, death was knocking at my door. I'd all but given up my last scrap of hope when suddenly, I was given a second chance at life. This time around, I wasn't going to let it slip through my fingers.

We set out on a road trip with nothing to lose and no guarantees of tomorrow.

Our road trip was about young, reckless love.

The kind of love that burns bright.

The kind of love that no road-map could bring me back from.

**Recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual situations.**

I loved Abby and Beck's love story! Abby and Beck should have never met. But fate had a funny way of intervening. Where they first meet sets the stage for the unique journey that their relationship takes. And when I say journey, that includes a road trip. So much fun! I loved their interactions and banter. I loved Beck's confidence and Abby's bluntness. Beck was a dream come true. Abby was a girl worth the risk. They were so fun and so sweet together. And sure enough, they were sexy together as well.

With the fun beginning of their journey, I knew the other shoe would drop eventually. And sure enough, it did. But I loved how the journey didn't end. The personal discoveries. The vulnerability. The heartbreak. The healing. The renewed outlook on life and love and future. I was so nervous this would be a gut-punching story. And while it definitely has tender moments and heartbreaking moments, this story was the sweetness I was hoping for. I only wish there was more, because I loved Abby and Beck so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.