Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Review: Not Quite Perfect by Catherine Bybee

Not Quite Perfect by Catherine Bybee
(Not Quite #5)
September 20, 2016
329 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Contains: sex, some language

Mary Kildare knows how to read people. It’s both why she makes a great therapist and why she refuses to trust the average bachelor. Staying fiercely independent has been her primary relationship strategy—until wealthy playboy pilot (and commitmentphobe) Glen Fairchild reappears in her life. After a yearlong teasing tug-of-war, Mary and Glen test the waters of attraction, only to find that their physical chemistry runs deeper than flirtation.

At first, a bicoastal romance suits them both—especially since Glen can swoop in and whisk Mary away on one of his company’s planes. But no matter how close they get, they’re still three thousand miles apart. And when Mary’s life is threatened, Glen realizes the one luxury he doesn’t have is time. Can he close the distance between them before it’s too late?

'Not Quite Perfect' was such an enjoyable read. I loved going through this journey with Mary and Glen. Their story was full of sweetness and love, fun times and smiles, sexy times and adventures, and just enough (predictable) suspense to shake up the story.

I truly liked Mary and Glen together. I'm not always a fan of "player" types, but Glen pleasantly surprised me. He was still super charismatic, but he treated Mary with complete respect, and I loved that. Mary was intelligent and independent, but she still gave Glen a chance. I loved watching her open up, take a risk with him, and blossom under love. They were a wonderful couple, and I enjoyed the pacing of their relationship and the sweetness of their romance.

Along with the romance, there is an underlying current of mystery and suspense as Mary found herself in danger and under threat. Now, to be honest, it didn't take much for me to solve. But despite that, what I really enjoyed was how Mary and Glen's reactions to the danger actually brought them closer together.

There is also a super sweet character in the story that I loved: Mary Francis. She complimented the story in such a great way and I'm so glad Bybee included her. Add in a beautiful, tender ending, and I truly enjoyed this little escape.

3.5 to 4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.