Friday, September 9, 2016

Review: Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti

Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti
(The Scorpious Syndrome #2)
August 30, 2016
400 pages
Genre: Dystopia, Romantic Suspense, 18+
Contains: explicit sex, violence, language

Before the Scorpius Syndrome tore through North America and nearly wiped out the population, Vivienne Wellington was the FBI’s best profiler. The bacteria got her anyway. But she survived. She recovered. And when she woke up from a drug-nightmare of captivity, her skills as a hunter of men had gone from merely brilliant to full-on uncanny. Her mysterious rescuer wants her to put them to the test. But no matter how tempting he is, with his angel’s eyes and devil’s tongue, Vinnie knows she shouldn’t trust him.

If the FBI were still around they would rate Raze Shadow as one of the bad guys. His military training can’t wipe out his association with the Mercenaries, the most feared gang in a thousand miles. His loyalties are compromised. He won’t even tell Vinnie his real name. But there’s no FBI in the new America of fear and firepower, only instinct and risk.

And the way his arms wrap around Vinnie tells its own story. Whatever else Raze is concealing, he can’t hide his desire . . .

I was very intrigued by Raze in 'Mercury Striking', so I had high hopes that I would like him and his story in 'Shadow Falling'. I'm happy to say that I did! I loved Raze and Vinnie!

Raze has secrets, and this is where we find them out. Of course we are suspicious of his motives in the beginning. But the way his troubles are revealed made me realize I had to trust him. And he had to learn to trust those around him. As his loyalties shifted and were built up, and his world started to center around Vinnie herself, we got to see Raze's heart. And I loved it! He's a protector and a fighter, but he's also a lover and learning how to be a real friend.

Vinnie, having surived the president's torture, brought her own unique personality to the story. I liked her ramblings, her sensitivity, yet her boldness to put her training and skills into practice even in dangerous situations. She may have latched onto Raze quickly, but I found their relationship quite sweet. Yet they also had lots of heat and passion, and I loved that they brought out the best in each other. I genuinely liked them as individuals and as a couple.

Beyond the complications of Raze and Vinnie's romance, Raze is facing an outside threat and Vanguard is facing both outside and internal threats. And let's not forget the virus and trying to find a cure. Yes, there's a lot going on. But I liked the extra problems thrown in there. These couples still manage to get their sexy time in though. But I like that they have to stay on their toes with all the craziness, making the series really exciting. I look forward to wherever the series goes next, especially the next book!


The Scorpious Syndrome series:
Mercury Striking #1
Amazon ~ Goodreads 

Shadow Falling #2
Amazon ~ Goodreads 

Justice Ascending #3
Goodreads 
Coming January 31, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.