Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Review: Bewitched, Bothered, & Bitten by C.C. Wood

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
Bewitched, Bothered, & Bitten by C.C. Wood
(Bitten #3)
November 24, 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance 18+
Contains: sex, mature language
Source: eARC for Honest review

The last thing I need is another complication.....

I’m a witch. My best friends know my secret so I no longer have to hide the truth. I should be relieved. My life should be easier than it was before. Unfortunately, things are rarely that simple.

Making matters worse, I feel a profound connection to a vampire named Finn. I see him in my dreams. He’s under my skin and consumes my every thought. I try to resist, but he’s always there and every time I look into his eyes, I find myself drowning in emotions I can’t understand. My mind tells me I shouldn’t be his, but my heart won’t let me walk away, even when my life depends on it.

Then I discover the supernatural underworld is on the brink of a war that could destroy us all. As lines are drawn and sides are taken, I face an impossible choice: give up the vampire that’s captured my heart or abandon my Coven when they need me the most?


So I really liked the first two books of this series. I originally stumbled upon them when I read the short story "One Little Bite"  (OLB) that takes place between the previous book and this one. I was hooked from then on. 'Bewitched, Bothered, & Bitten' (BBB) takes place a few months after book two and OLB. These books definitely build on each other, so it certainly helps to read them in order, but this can also be enjoyed alone. Then, like me, you can go back to the beginning if you like it.

As for BBB, I'd say it's my favorite of the series so far, though I'm quite eager for book four. Kerry and Finn have a great dynamic and I loved the chemistry between them. They were different from the previous couples, less alpha and more tenderness. I don't mind the stronger alpha types - Connor and Lex are great - and Finn certainly had his protect-my-woman side strongly showing, but it was a nice contrast to see a different dynamic in this series. My one critique is that I felt like we didn't get to know Finn very well on a deeper level. While he was the ultimate sweetheart, I wanted to know him more, especially since he was just so great.

And then there's the plot. I love the action, the suspense, and the continual progression of this story. What a fabulous world CC has created. While reading, I feel like I'm on the brink of war alongside the characters. Plus this time around we get witches added to our vampire and werewolf experience, and I loved the intertwining of the supernatural. The twists and turns, the good and evil, and the fine details all make for an exciting and page-turning read. I'm very excited about the next book, for both the continuing story and most of all for Calder and Rikki's story!


Check out the whole series!
 Bite Me (Bitten, #1) Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Bitten, #2)
Bite Me (#1):  Amazon  --  Goodreads --  My Review
Once Bitten, Twice Shy (#2):  Amazon  --  Goodreads  --  My Review
One Little Bite (#2.5), Shiver Anthology:  Amazon  --  Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.