Friday, January 18, 2013

Feature & Follow (9): Favorite Villain

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #120

Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by both Alison Can Read and Parakunkee’s View. This is a great way to gain blog followers for book bloggers, follow other blogs, and get to know each other. Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we get to answer. You can find more info about this meme here.

Q: Who is your favorite villain from a book?

The villain I find completely repulsive, and still would not want to associate the word "favorite" anywhere near her, would be Carol, Emma's abusive aunt from Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan. Seriously, she's an absolutely horrible character with no redeeming qualities. I can't wait for the last book in this amazing series, Out of Breath, which is supposed to come out in June!

The villain I find compelling in that odd-sort-of-way is Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (and even more so in Unravel Me and Destroy Me). He's a villain with a backstory and intriguing qualities. After reading Unravel Me and Destroy Me, I'm feeling drawn toward the dark side, lol. Oh the choices! Team Adam vs Team Warner? I really don't want to wait until 2014 for the last book!
 

15 comments:

  1. Visiting from the blog hop - I like your line about books taking us on a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Warner is getting a lot of love today!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read either of those, though Shatter Me is on my list. Hopefully I can get to it soon. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read either book/series but it's always nice when the villain has a reason/backstory. Thanks for stopping by, following

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either of these, but Warner intrigues me a lot :)

    I'm a new Twitter and GFC follower, here's my my FF post post for this week.

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good answers, I haven't read either, but they both sound like villains that really make the story pop. Old follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen Warner mentioned a few times. I haven't read that one yet...apparently I need to! Love a great villain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I said Warner too!! He is such a complex and great charcter. I can't wait for Unravel Me to csme out. P.S I'm on team Warner.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-56-18-follow-friday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answer this week!! I also picked Warner :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ANOTHER Warner - another blogger that chose Warner I mean. I have Shatter Me, so I should read it and see what all the fuss is about!
    I chose the Darkling from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.

    New GFC follower :)

    Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pick!!! I can't wait for the last book either, I loved this series.
    New follower via GFC

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choices!
    I'm a new follower, hooray!
    Thanks so much for stopping by My FF!
    Happy Friday! =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep hearing about Warner! I need that book already! lol

    New follower would appreciate the follow back.

    Many Thanks,
    ~Marie
    Co-Owner/Founder and Blogger of Lunar Haven
    Lunar Haven FF post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those characters are the worst. They are supposed to be the people you can trust. When a family member betrays you it is one of the worst feelings in the world.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Following back

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower :) I'm just blog hopping without doing the feature - but I'd appreciate a follow back.

    Rose @ www.thecosydragon.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.