Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Novella Review: Destined by Blood by CC Wood

Destined by Blood by C.C. Wood
(Bitten Origins)
October 12, 2016
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Contains:

For fans of C.C. Wood's Bitten series, discover how it all began...

In a mythical land not of this time or place, two lovers are drawn together. Alaunus and Aveta. Their destinies flow through their veins, borne in their very blood.

Lost in the discovery of newfound passion, neither of them sees the evil that stalks their every move...until it's too late.

As Alaunus lies upon his deathbed, Aveta seeks help from the god and goddess, willing to conjure a dangerous power to save his life. Through love and desperation, she creates a new magic that will affect the future of her world ¬— and ours.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the 'Bitten' series, so to get this new look at the origins of
the series and where these paranormal characters originated from is particularly exciting. Now, this little gem isn't particularly long, but don't let that fool you. Great things come in small packages.

Alaunus and Aveta's story is equally beautiful and heartbreaking. I can't believe how quickly I fell in love with this couple. But all is not rainbows and kittens. They have opposition and there is dark magic about, interfering with their chances of a future together. I both liked and cringed away from the twists and turns here. I found the magic created and world-building fascinating and enchanting. But I feared the dark forces working against them.

I truly hope that this is the start of a new series, because there is so much more I want to learn and be enveloped into. I need to see Alaunus and Aveta again, and see what is coming up next in this fascinating world.



The Series






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.