Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review: A Cowboy Firefighter for Christmas by Kim Redford

A Cowboy Firefighter for Christmas
By Kim Redford
October 6, 2015
384 pages
Genre: Holiday Contemporary Romance
Contains: sex
Source: eARC for Honest review

Trey Duvall, a rancher and local firefighter, is out of luck. His ranch has suffered from several 'accidental' fires and there is no explanation in sight. All he wants for the upcoming holiday is to get to the bottom of this mystery, but what he gets instead is hotter than any ranch fire when he meets city-girl Misty Reynolds.

Misty is a troubleshooter, on her way to a job in Wildcat Bluff to secretly investigate some suspicious fires for a company in the area. But on her way there, she comes across Trey, local firefighter and cowboy, who is actually in the process of preventing the spread of another local fire, and elicits Misty's help. This is the start of some sweet chemistry between the big city girl and the small town boy.

What follows is a sweet romance, a lovely small town where almost everyone gets along, some paricularly interesting locals, and the big mystery of who keeps setting these fires. I genuinely liked Misty and Trey. Misty has some personal hang-ups, but I enjoyed how Trey and the town were able to pull her out of her past. Trey is super sweet and generous, so Misty would have been hard-pressed not to fall for him.  The mystery itself was pretty easy to figure out, so it was just a matter of Misty and Trey catching on.

Overall, 'A Cowboy Firefighter for Christmas' was an sweet, enjoyable holiday read with characters I genuinely liked. Being a big city girl myself, I always seem to love these small town settings. My biggest problem with this book was the excessive detailing of what seemed like every nook and cranny. It felt about 100 pages too long, and I found myself skimming the excessive descriptions. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this story. I'm also curious about future stories set in this town, especially if they feature Trey's family members.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.