Saturday, August 31, 2013

Book Review: The Eternity Cure

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
(Blood of Eden #2)
April 30, 2013
Harlequin Teen
434 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Source: NetGalley for honest review
Book Blurb:
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.
My Review:

The Immortal Rules had a slow start for me, but by the end I was loving the book. The Eternity Cure, however, did not have that problem. It started great and carried me until the very end, loving all of it. This did not have "middle book syndrome" but instead I liked this book more than I did the first. My only problem is that I don't have the next book in my hand yet, because I love this series so much.

Plot: This book was full of action from the very start. We follow along with Allison on her journey to find her sire and rescue him, but so much more, including new dealings with the Red Lung virus. There is much going on, and I enjoyed all the twists and turns Kagawa took me on with Allison. Without giving anything away I will just say that the growing and evolving plot is a steady driving force in this book. This book does not suffer from a lag or dull filler. I was pulled in from the start and journeyed until the end, only wishing I had the next book.

Characters: I loved how the characters continued to grow in this book. Not only do we get to see how Allison grows as a vampire, but also as she strains to hold onto her humanity. Her fierce determination and drive is compelling. Then we also get to see some familiar faces from the previous book. I won't spoil who, because that is something to read for yourself, but I will say that I truly enjoyed how differing characters were reintroduced and their impact on the story, both good and bad. I loved Kagawa's creative genius. Plus we get some new characters who throw some twists in Allison's way.

Romance: The first book was light on romance, but this book picks it up. And it's beautiful and lovely. So if you felt bereft before with the faint romance, you won't be disappointed this time around.

Bottomline: I know this isn't the most in-depth review because, honestly, I hate giving away spoilers. I think it is unfair to the unaware reader. But what I can say is that whether you just liked The Immortal Rules or thought it was okay, to you thought it was great or awesome, regardless, I think you will like The Eternity Cure more than its predecessor. This is a fabulous sequel that I absolutely loved, had so many feelings about, and left me with grabby hands for the next one, The Forever Song. Loved it!
 
5 STARS

Book Links:
AMAZON   *   GOODREADS

 

2 comments:

  1. My sister loves this series. I have yet to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fabulous series. The last book comes out next April, so you have time to catch up :)

      Delete

I love comments, so please feel free to share your thoughts.